As you are all aware, West Bengal’s government runs several programs to support girls’ education. Due to financial issues, many girls are unable to pursue an education. The West Bengal Kanyashree Prakalpa 2022 has been introduced by the West Bengali government to address the matter. We will provide you with all the crucial details about the kanyashree prakalpa plan through this article, such as what the West Bengal kanyashree prakalpa scheme is. its goals, advantages, requirements for eligibility, the application process, etc. Therefore, if you want to learn everything there is to know about the West Bengal Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme, please read this article all the way through.
The Department of Women Development and Social Welfare, Government of West Bengal, launched the Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme. Because of the Kanyashree Prakalpa program, West Bengal received the top honor from the United Nations for public service. The main goal of Kanyashree Prakalpa is to raise the status of girl children in the state by encouraging all teenage girls to attend education and discouraging their early marriages. We examine the Kanyashree Prakalpa scheme in-depth in this post.
Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme 2022
The West Bengal Kanyashree Prakalpa scheme would provide financial assistance to West Bengali females so they may pay for their education. This program’s major goal is to delay girls’ marriages and guarantee that they receive an education at least until the age of 18 years old. Because they will receive an education, this program will also improve the lives and position of girls. Girls between the ages of 13 and 18 who are enrolled in classes from eighth to twelfth will receive financial assistance under the West Bengal Kanyashree, Prakalpa program. There is an income need as well, however, girls with special needs, orphans, and girls living in JJ homes are exempt from this requirement.
Goals of the Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme
The Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme’s goals are as follows:
- To give girls from low-income households financial support so they can pursue higher education
- To decrease dropout rates, especially for low-income females who do not have any other scholarships
- Boosting the number of girls enrolled in secondary education, vocational training, or sports to prevent child marriage in West Bengal
- To promote encouraging girls to wait till they are 18 to get married
- To assist pupils in staying in school for a very long time
Scholarship of the Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme
Two benefit components make up the Kanyashree Prakalpa plan.
Girls between the ages of 13 and 18 will get a scholarship each year. It contributes to keeping the girls in school and single at the time.
Girls between the ages of 18 and 19 will get a one-time grant under the Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme.
Kanyashree Prakalpa Scholarship
The Scholarship amount for Kanyashree Prakalpa is as below:
|Annual scholarship – K1
|One‐Time Grant – K2
Key Highlights of West Bengal Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme 2022
|West Bengal kanyashree prakalpa scheme
|Government of West Bengal
|Girls of West Bengal
|Provide financial help to girls so that they can continue their education and delay marriage
Qualifications for Annual Scholarship (K1 Level)
For your information, the following list contains the requirements for receiving an annual scholarship under the Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme:
- The Kanyashree Prakalpa Annual Scholarship is available to students between the ages of 13 and 17 (before turning 18).
- The applicant must not be wed.
- This scholarship is open to students enrolled in grades VIII through XII in a government-recognized regular or equivalent school, an equivalent vocational program, or any other technical training program.
- Students are only eligible to apply if their household income is less than or equivalent to Rs. 1,20,000 per year.
- If any of the following circumstances exist, the family income conditionality will be changed:
- Physically disabled applicant girl
- The father and mother of the student are both deceased.
- The applicant’s daughter or ward has previously received the scholarship and is requesting a continuation of the benefit.
Qualifications for One-Time Grant (K2 Level)
For your reference, the following list contains the requirements for a one-time grant under the Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme:
- A girl between the ages of 18 and 19 (after turning 18 but before turning 19) may apply for this.
- Only single girls who become 18 years old are eligible.
- A girl may be eligible for a one-time grant if she is enrolled and regularly attending an institution of higher education or training.
- The family income of the students must be less than or equivalent to Rs. 1,20,000 per year to be eligible for these scholarships.
- As previously mentioned, physically challenged females and parents who have passed away can have different family income requirements.
The following papers must be presented with your application:
- A copy of the birth certificate is acceptable as proof of age.
- A statement declaring one’s single status
- income statement
- Certificate of enrollment and attendance issued by the head of the educational institution
- a copy of your disability certificate (for disabled girls)
- a copy of your bank’s passbook
Application Process for the Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme
Students who qualify can apply for the Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme using the steps below. Girls who meet the requirements should open a bank account in their names before applying for Kanyashree Prakalpa.
Step 1: A lady student who qualifies must pick up an application form from the appropriate educational facility.
Step 2: Complete the required information to receive the scholarship.
Contact Information Address
Address of the Educational Institution
Step 3: The candidate must both sign and have their parent sign the application. Apply to the appropriate educational institution with the necessary paperwork.
Step 4: The department head will formally stamp the document after verifying the information provided by the students.
Step 5: Obtain the acknowledgement slip and retain the application number for future use.
Step 6: All information will be posted on Kanyashree’s official website following the successful submission of the application.
Check the Status of the Kanyashree Prakalpa Application
Follow the instructions below to find out the application status for Kanyashree Prakalpa:
Step 1: Go to the Kanyashree Prakalpa web portal’s home page.
Step 2: On the home page, select the option for “Track Application.”
Step 3: From the drop-down menu, choose the year and kind of scheme.
Step 4: Enter the application ID, birthdate, and captcha image.
Step 5: Press “Submit”
It will show the application’s status.
The beneficiaries will receive the annual scholarship or one-time grant via a bank account fund transfer. Following application acceptance, the banking partner will assist the applicant in opening and managing a bank account. By the Second Schedule of the Reserve Bank of India Act, the applicant may open a bank account with any Scheduled Bank.
Annual Scholarship Renew
The application process for scholarship renewals will be the same as for new applications. For renewal, all documentation must be given except an income certificate. All applications and supporting documentation will be examined and confirmed as specified above.
K3 Prakalpa Kanyashree
The Honourable Chief Minister of West Bengal declared Kanyashree K3 for female students currently enrolled in any university on July 28th, 2017. The K3 scholarship will assist female students in continuing their higher education.
K3 Eligibility Requirements
- Only students who have registered for the K3 scheme are eligible.
- Students must have at least 45% in their undergraduate degree to qualify for the Kanyashree K3 scheme and have been admitted to any postgraduate program offered by any university.
- There is no upper age limit for Kanyashree K3 Prakalpa applications.
Scholarship Amount, K3
K3 Scholarship recipients in the arts stream will receive Rs. 2,000 per month and those in the scientific stream will receive Rs. 2,500 per month.
Benefits And Features Of Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme 2022
- West Bengal girls will receive financial aid under the West Bengal Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme 2022 to assist pay for their education.
- The scheme’s primary goals are to prevent child marriage and support education till the age of 18
- The standing of girls will rise thanks to this plan.
- Girls will receive cash assistance via this program at Rs. 750 annually.
- Girls in classes 8 through 12 or between the ages of 13 and 18 are given this financial assistance.
- Girls will also receive a one-time reward of Rs 25,000 under the West Bengal Kanyashree Prakalpa 2022 School program when they are 18 years old.
- The recipient’s bank account will get the financial assistance directly.
- There is also an economic requirement to apply for this program, however, it is waived for girls in JJ homes, orphans, and girls with severe needs.
Procedure To Download Kanyashree App
- You must first visit the Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme’s official website.
- Your screen will then display the home page.
- You must click the link to download the Kanyashree app on the webpage.
- Your device will download the app as soon as you click this link.
- This application can be installed after downloading.